Sunday, October 25, 2015

Social Emotional Learning


Core_Competencies_Short_FINAL_O.pngMy students do a Social Emotional Check-In at least 3 days/week.  I have studied CASEL's Social Emotional Learning and you can too, by clicking on this link:  http://www.casel.org/social-and-emotional-learning/core-competencies/. The students click on a link to THIS FORM and fill in the boxes.  Sometimes I ask the kids to tell me something about their culture or family or traditions with a question on the board.  I get to know them a little better every time they fill out the form.  I'm the only one who can see the responses, so they tend to divulge more information than they would in a Morning Meeting Sharing Activity.  Sometimes, I send an email to the student to get more information.  The door is opened for conversation, trust, and relationship.  Love it!  Anybody can fill in the form.  Give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy Miller you are simply amazing, have I told you that lately?

    Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete