Saturday, February 27, 2016

Instagrammer of the Day

I was talking to my fifth graders about social media one day and they told me that many of them are using Instagram.  We talked about keeping their accounts private and only allowing people they know and trust to follow them.  Since it’s outside of the terms of use for 10 and 11 year olds to use Instagram, I made sure that students were talking with their parents about their social media use and I sent an email to a few parents who may not have known about their child’s online presence.  

I had decided to make a class Instagram profile and I asked my students to help me name it.
One of my students made a big square on the whiteboard and they filled it with their ideas for the name.  Mrs.Miller.Rocks was one.  Another wrote 5th.Grade.Miller.  I liked this one the best:  Miraculous Journey of Mrs. Miller.  We had just finished reading The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo. It’s one of our Book Tournament Books.  So, MiraculousJourneyofMrs.Miller Instagram Profile was born.  Check us out!



No comments:

Post a Comment